Doctors & Faculty Members
A key area of focus for the center is minimally invasive (key hole) or laparoscopic surgery. It is well established over the years that this form of surgical management allows for a smoother and almost pain free post operative recovery thus making it the preferred modality in the surgical management of a now growing list of diseases.
Dr. Prem Hospital is equipped with latest laparoscopic instruments and is centre for advanced laparoscopic surgery.
Laparoscopic procedures being performed include those for gall stones, ventral hernia, umbilical hernia, inguinal hernia, appendicitis, ectopic pregnancy, ovarian tumours etc.
Breast surgery for cancer and benign tumour; thyroid & endocrine surgery; varicose vein surgery & trauma surgery.
Surgical management of Gastrointestinal & Liver Disease
The surgical services include the performance of specialized and complex GI surgical procedures for the management of diseases of various parts of the GI tract such as:
- Esophageal diseases including achalasia, hiatus hernia and strictures
- Diseases of the liver and Biliary tract, including liver cysts, abscesses, portal hypertension, gallstones, cholecystitis and postcholecystectomy complications,
cholangitis, Biliary tract strictures, choledochal cysts, all forms of surgical jaundice and hepatobiliary cancers.
- Complications of diseases of the pancreas including pancreatic necrosis, pancreatic fistulas, pseudocysts, sphincteroplasty, surgery for chronic pancreatitis.
- Diseases of the stomach and alimentary canal including ulcers, bleeds, tuberculosis, intestinal obstruction, fecal fistulas, sphincter-preserving surgery for ulcerative
- Modern management of cancers such as R-2 resections for stomach cancer, sphincter preserving surgery for rectal cancer, surgery for esophageal, colonic, hepatobiliary and
- A special focus area of the unit is surgery in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension. Even routine surgeries for diseases such as hernia (inguinal, umbilical),
bleeding piles, gall bladder stones are refused to these patients by most other centers.
At the Dr. Prem Hospital for Liver and Digestive Diseases these surgeries are being routinely done.